Wednesday, October 23, 2013

I'm glad I learned first aid...

Back in January I took a course in first aid, and then I haven't thought much of it since. That was until this Sunday, my work shift had just ended, and since I was off on Monday I just wanted to write an e-mail with a few things to my colleague... then I heard them calling for Samaritan to the front area of the store. So I ran from the back of the store to the front, and this reminded me I should start running, because I'm in really bad shape. 

By the time I got to the front 2 others were all ready there doing what they should do, our cleaning assistant had collapsed and started cramping. He was having an epileptic attack, and they had all ready called for an ambulance, so everything was in control, and all I could do was keep the customers away, and guide them the other way around, and go wait for the ambulance. I talked to our cleaning assistant yesterday and he was fine, though a little bruised on his elbow and hip from the fall. He told me he hadn't had an attack for over 3 years, so now he had to go through a lot of test again. 

So even though it might not be the worst thing to arrive at, I was glad I had my first aid course, but I was happy to see someone was all ready in control of the situation when I got there.

To end things on a little happier note, Monday Jonas and I went to visit a friend of mine who is on maternity leave. Jonas wasn't too impressed with the baby, she is now 5 months, and is starting to grab things, so Jonas thought she was taking his toys... so he was happier with a visit to the playground and the baby sleeping in her pram.


And 2 more days and I will have a week off from work, and I can't tell you how much I'm looking forward to it:)

2 comments:

  1. That is definitely a scary situation! I had to do the Heimlich manuever on a student who was choking a few years ago, and I was petrified! Good thing you had a handle on it!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments makes me smile:)