Sunday, July 15, 2012

Cooking with Connie

So I figured I would do my own series of post about cooking, well it will probably be more baking, but hey "Baking with Connie" doesn't have that good ring to it;)

It's not like I'm going to post this every Sunday, but whenever I try a new interesting recipe or maybe if I do one of the good old recipes, that is my go-to recipes. Today it is one of my go-to recipes, I'm going to make a banana cake... it is one of the cakes that never fails, and Jonas haven't been able to eat all the bananas that I bought, so instead of throwing them out I baked a cake.


Here you have the recipe, it's super easy, and I really doubt you can go wrong with it:)
3 eggs
170 grams of sugar
2 teaspoons of vanilla sugar
125 grams of flour
1 teaspoon of baking powder
100 grams of melted and cooled butter
1 mashed banana (I used 2, but it's not necessary).
100 grams of dark chocolate (I only had milk chocolate, so I used that instead).

Mix the eggs, sugar and vanilla sugar together so it's light. Mix flour, baking powder and butter in little by little. Then gently mix in the mashed banana.
Pour it into a tin and bake for about 55 minutes at 175 degrees Celsius.
Let the cake cool, melt the chocolate and decorate the cake with chocolate.

Yeah in Denmark we use the metric system, but here is a link to a place that will do the calculations into cups etc.


There you have it, enjoy:)

5 comments:

  1. What a great idea for a series! I still LOVE your nutella truffles :) xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ser godt ud og smager sikkert også super. Må jeg ha' prøvet at bage en dag ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks yummy! I always make banana bread when I my bananas have gone brown. I'll have to try cake the next time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look so adorable! Thanks for posting - it looks fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's such a cute photo of you!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments makes me smile:)