Sunday, January 5, 2014

Happy New Year - Christmas re-cap

Well first Happy New Year, hope you all had a wonderful start to 2014. I can't wait to see what 2014 brings, but instead of a re-cap of 2013 I will show a few pictures from our Christmas Eve instead.
 
In Denmark we celebrate Christmas on Christmas Eve, and we open presents on Christmas Eve. My parents arrived at our place on the 22nd, so my mum helped cook and clean, which was great. On Christmas Eve everyone was here, which means my parents, my brother, Franks parents, his sister and his brother.
 
Jonas got his first present in the morning, he got a work bench, so he would be entertained for some of the day. He would pull the door back and say I'm going to my tool shed.
 Before we had dinner Santa came by, unfortunately we didn't take any pictures, but I know my mum did, so I have to get her to e-mail them to me. It was our Next door neighbour, and afterwards Frank returned the favor. I think it's a really nice tradition to have started, last year was the first time he paid a visit, and best of all he brought a little present for everyone, not just Jonas.
 
After dinner, it was time for presents. It has usually been me or Franks sister who has to give out the presents because we were the youngest. But this year we got to retired, and Jonas did a really good job. He found one, asked who it was for, gave it to the person and as soon as the unwrapped it he put the paper in the trash bag. The only presents he didn't asked who it was for was the ones wrapped in Cars paper, he knew these were for him:)
 Here he is helping my dad unwrap a book, and of course taking the paper to the trash.
 No one ever buys anything for the cat, well except for my mum, I think it's because when I was a kid and we had a dog, she was just as big a part of the family as the rest of us, so she got presents and even gave presents. So my mum had bought Gustav a present, which Jonas and my brother helped him unwrap.
By the time we reached the last presents Jonas was getting tired, so he sat down in his chair, saying I just have to relax a bit. But as soon as the present was unwrapped he found another one. After finishing opening presents Jonas was ready for bed, and he fell asleep right away. The 25th was then spent relaxing and playing with his new toys.
 
Hope you all had a wonderful Holiday.

1 comment:

  1. A belated merry christmas and happy new year Connie! I love hearing about traditions from different countries. And indeed the visits from santa is just such a perfect touch. I hope 2014 is a wonderful year for you and your family xoxox

    ReplyDelete

Your comments makes me smile:)