Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Some busy days over Christmas...

So the Christmas days have been busy but amazing. My parents ended up calling us late in the evening on the 21st and asked if we would mind them coming on the 22nd instead of the 23rd of December, because they had promised quite a lot of snow on the 23rd, so they were more comfortable driving on the 22nd. So when I got home from work on the 22nd they had arrived, and we had a nice relaxing evening.

Both me and my husband had to work on the 23rd, but when we got home my mum had done all the laundry and ironed all my shirts, and my dad had been shovelling snow... How great is that? We had a lot of snow on the 23rd, though not so bad in the area we live, but further south where my parents live they had got a lot more, so it was a good thing they drove up here on the 22nd.

On the 24th, my mum and I prepared the dinner in the morning, or at least all that we could prepare was prepared. Around lunch time my brother arrived, and in the afternoon my parents and I went to church, while my brother and husband stayed home to "watch" the turkey... that is usually their excuse for not going to church.

After church we had a drink, and just relaxed before having the big Christmas dinner. After dinner we opened presents, which you do on Christmas Eve in Denmark. Oh boy did we get a lot of presents! We got so much baby stuff that it could as well have been a baby shower (which we don't have in Denmark). We got a bed, a baby alarm, a tilted chair, clothes, a few books etc.

The bed and some of the other stuff we got, after putting the bed together Gustav wanted to check it out!




On the 25th my parents and brother left, and we had a relaxing day, and in the evening we went to dinner with my parents in law and my sister in law and her boyfriend. Since my sister in law had been working on Christmas Eve we exchanged gifts with her on the 25th... and yet again we had another baby shower, I believe she has emptied out the baby store, we got a changing mat, linens, a big giraffe, a thermometer, a wash basin and some clothes! So now I believe that we are all ready for the baby to come.



On the 26th we went to a Christmas party with my cousins, uncle and aunts, we had a really great day, but since we got a lot of snow during the day, we left fairly early in order to get home before too much snow came.
My brother and my cousins at the party, I guess my brother is showing something of interest on his phone!


On the 27th I had to work all day for 12 hours, which I kinda feared, since that would be the big gift exchange day, but for some reason we didn't have all that many customers yesterday, most of them I guess waited for today, because today has been really busy! So I was glad when I could leave at 4 o'clock!



I guess that was my Christmas, all that is left is to wish you all a Happy New Year, see you in 2011!

4 comments:

  1. wow, that sounds like a pretty full and fun weekend! it's awesome to have christmas right before having a baby - look at all that great baby stuff! :) i hope you have a great week. it's almost new year's!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds great!!! Don't work too hard :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you were very busy indeed! Make sure you post up some pics of the nursery once it is all finished :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww! I love the baby stuff! I cannot wait to see it all put together!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments makes me smile:)