2010 was the year:
- I started working in a new department, which I consider one of the best things I've done for myself workwise in years.
- Went to Berlin, Germany during Easter, a great relaxing and fun trip.
- Celebrated our first wedding anniversary
- Went to Malmö, Sweden to visit an old friend (and to get my husbands camera fixed)
- Celebrated my 31st birthday, and decided that I would now embrace growing older, so today I'm 31½ years old.
- My dear uncle suddenly passed away - he will be missed.
- I found out I was pregnant
- Travelled to Singapore, Borneo, and Kuala Lumpur during our summer vacation
- Hosted our 2nd annual Survivor party (and told all our friends that I was pregnant)
- Started baby shopping
- My brother and his fiance broke off their engagement and cancelled the wedding
- I participated in my first Ornament Swap, which I hope I will be able to do again next year
- Went to Punta Cana, The Dominican Republic on vacation, but most importantly to attend the wedding of Viivi and Morgan, the best part was seeing Viivi again for the first time in 10 years
- Went to my first "Ugly Christmas Sweater Party"
- Hosted Christmas Eve for the first time, which meant the first time for us to have a Christmas tree
So looking back on 2010, the only bad thing happening was my uncle passing away, otherwise it was filled with happy and wonderful times. Okay so you're reading through my list, and might be thinking that my brother and fiance breaking up being a bad thing, but I no longer look at it like that, I'm happy about them breaking up now too, we had seen a side of her we didn't knew she had (a side that would be best covered up).
So dear 2011 you better get you act together, because I expect to have another GREAT YEAR! The outlook is good though, I have only 4 days left of work next week, before starting my maternity leave, and in the middle of February I should become a mum, so bring it on 2011, I'm so ready for you!
Tomorrow I have the day off, I can't remember when I last had the 31st of December off, it's been more than 10 years I believe. To make it even better we are not hosting New Years this year, so I will have all day just to relax... or well I guess the Christmas decorations should come down tomorrow as well, they are not to see the light of 2011 before next Christmas.
Hope you all will get into 2011 safely, and I wish you all a Happy New Year!