Thursday, January 17, 2013

Being prepared...

I'm the person who hates being late when going to a meeting, if the meeting is at 10 I will be there at least 5 minutes earlier, preferably 10-15 minutes ahead of time. I also hate it if I'm not prepared, there is nothing worse than getting questions that I'm not prepared to answer. To be honest I hate being in a situation where I don't know what to do... so why don't I know first aid?

Well it should say why didn't I know first aid? Because yesterday I had sign up for a first aid course at work. It was all free, and after having Jonas I must admit I feel it's more necessary to know what to do if something happens. 
I really enjoyed the course, I had feared it would be 6 long hours, but they went by so fast. Our teacher was amazing, and we really had fun learning. I might not be a 100% sure of what to do in case of an emergency, but I don't feel like I should fear trying to help out. As our teacher said "you can't do anything wrong, except for not trying to help". We all thought that if someone had hurt their back that we should move them. But as he said if they aren't breathing you might save their life doing CPR, and honestly if that makes a person survive don't you think they will be happy to have survived? Then we must work on other damages later on, but if we don't do CPR there might not be other damages to work on since the person won't survive.

Talking about being prepared brings me to this afternoon. I'm going on a team building tour this afternoon. I have no idea what is going to happen, all we know is that we have to show up a 1.30 pm, we will be both inside and outside during the day, and we will be home sometime between 10 pm and midnight. So of course I hate this! Part of me really doesn't want to go, but I also know myself good enough to know that when we are in the middle of it I'm glad I went. 
But before I go I think it's time for a nap, I feel extremely tired after yesterdays exciting first aid course, but I ended up with a massive headache due to to little coffee. I was suffering from a coffee withdrawal, I honestly don't think I drink that much coffee, but I drink more than I did yesterday.

Have fun everyone:)

1 comment:

  1. I've been meaning to do a first aid course too, it's so important. I love all the images you used in this post! And with team building...I'm all ehhh when I hear about it and dread having to go but they aren't too bad...ehhh ;)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments makes me smile:)