Thursday, June 19, 2014

Cooking with Connie

Every once in a while I will do a post in the series Cooking with Connie. 

This last weekend we went to visit Frank's brother and his Colombian wife in Sweden (it's a long story, but short they moved there because she is not allowed to be in Denmark, she had to leave the country for 3 months or so, before she can apply for rights to live here). So now they live in a cottage far out in the country in Sweden. In the cottage was a bunch of old magazines, including a cooking magazine from 2010. 

I saw a really easy recipe for a pasta with chicken and blue cheese, so after we got home I had to try it out. You cook the chicken breast with salt and pepper, and cut it up. Boil the fresh pasta, and mixed it with blue cheese, chicken, chopped hazelnuts and fresh basil. 
sorry for the poor photo taken with my cell phone.

I know there is not fresh basil in my picture, I didn't have any, and the store I shopped at on the day didn't have any either, so we had to do without. But I have to make sure to buy some for my garden.

The result was surprisingly good, and so fast and easy to make. Of course you have to like blue cheese, but we do in our household, we had a cheese platter for dessert at our wedding! So I'm for sure making that again, and it might become my go to recipe on a busy day.

1 comment:

  1. That looks yummy - I don't like blue cheese though...it tastes like socks to me.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments makes me smile:)