Sunday, January 18, 2015

A productive Sunday

So over the last couple of weeks I have finished a few projects, but since some of them are going to be given away, well then I can't show you them yet.
 
I have one project that I can show you. I made a couple of baskets, a breadbasket and a smaller basket. They are made from mason string. A while ago, almost a year ago I think, I saw someone whom had made baskets from mason string, but it wasn't until now that I got around to try it too.
 
I bought some orange mason string, and the 2 rolls made the 2 baskets, I just have a little left.
 
This morning I was working from 7.00 am till noon. I know I have said my new job didn't require me working weekends. Though we are really busy right now, and we were asked if anyone could help out. So I volunteered to work today. The best part is that I can always say now if I have other plans, and I get paid overtime and get hours saved, so I can take time of another day. Besides 5 hours of working doesn't seem too bad, so I figured that I might as well.
 
After getting home I have been packing up all our CD's, does any of you ever use a CD any longer? Well we don't, so they all got packed in a box, and now I can use the shelves for my yarn.
 
So now I have my yarn organised, which is both good and bad. I thought I had a lot yarn, but I didn't think I had that much. Which also let my husband to say that there was no reason for my to buy more yarn anytime soon. But what does he know? There is always a reason to buy yarn:)
 

1 comment:

  1. Holy cow! That is a LOT of yarn! I love the baskets, too!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments makes me smile:)