Saturday, September 8, 2012

Cooking with Connie


It's time for another cooking with Connie post... well again it should be baking with Connie, but that just doesn't have a good ring to it:)

I am going to visit a coworker and friend (who is also in our little knitting group) had surgery done on Thursday. She had excess skin removed from above her eyes, so Jonas and I are going to visit her this afternoon, and I promised to bring cake.

I made Toblerone cupcakes, you can find the recipe here, I have used some of her recipes before, unfortunately Alicia stopped blogging about 1½ years ago, but her great recipes are still there for us to use:)

I had a bit of trouble with the piping bag, the first one broke, so I had to do with a plastic bag, then I hadn't chopped the toblerone enough, so it kept blocking the tip, so in the end I just use a plastic bag, and well they didn't turn out exactly how I wanted, but the taste will be the same:)

I made the same cupcakes for our Survivor party, though I just use a plain butter icing with a bit of food colouring, and that didn't stick in the piping bag, so here is proof that it doesn't always turn out too bad:)
Have a great weekend:)

2 comments:

Your comments makes me smile:)