Friday, January 1, 2010

Happy New Year

2009 have ended and 2010 have begun, and what a beginning, we had a blast of a party at our place (pictures will follow soon). I had been working long days the last few days, so I had feared that by midnight I would be too drunk to see the fireworks, but somehow the alcohol didn't hit that hard, and instead of getting tired, I got more energy. We celebrated New Year with a friend of mine from kindergarten and her husband, my husbands sister and 4 of her friends. The best thing was my friend and her husband sleeping over, and they helped clean up this morning, so then they left at noon, the dishes were done, the floor vacuumed, empty bottles removed etc. So all that was for left for us to do, was to relax and eat the leftovers of our fab dinner.

Looking back on 2009 its been a year with ups and downs. In April we got married, and had a wedding better than we could have imagined it. In the church my old conductor played a few hymns, and it was hard to keep the tears away while walking into the church hearing him play. Unfortunately I never got to properly thank him for it, just 2 weeks later he suddenly died from an infection, and we all (the old brass band) played at his funeral.
My husband and I in front of the place we had our wedding

This summer we spent our vacation visiting a friend working and living in Singapore for a few years, and from there we went to Malaysia, Vietnam and Cambodia. It was the most amazing vacation, getting away from everything at home, I guess I at that time all ready was getting tired and stressed about work. It had not been one of our big wishes to go to Asia, but then the opportunity to visit a friend came up we took it, and I must say Asia is a lot more than I had imagined.

Me in front of Angkor Wat, Cambodia

2009 was also the year I turned 30, and in August we arranged a theme party, the theme being the TV show "Survivor", we had split the guests into 2 teams a red and a blue team. They then had to compete in different small competitions as eating with chopsticks, diving for apples in a bucket, solving sodukos etc. It was such and success that it now will be an annual thing.

The red team at our survivor party

The blue team at our survivor party

August was also the month that I got enough of my work, and I broke down crying, told them I couldn't handle it any longer. Most of them were really understanding, and I they tried finding something else for me, which I will be starting in February.

The last part of the year has work wise been some long months, but I can now begin to see the end of it. On the home front this year has been one of the best, only with a few bad things happening. So my wishes for 2010 it that it will be just as good, and it all ready looks to be a good one, we have at least 1 or 2 weddings we are attending in 2010. One of them is my brothers, he proposed on Christmas Eve. The other wedding are we still a bit unsure if we are attending, its a Finnish friend of mine from my time as an Au pair in Maryland, USA, who is getting married. She now lives in Canada and they are probably having the wedding in The Dominican Republic, and I would love to got, but I just have to figure out how we can arrange our vacation and the economic side of it as well. We have also planned a summer vacation to USA, so the look out for 2010 is good, and I how it can full fill my expectations.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments makes me smile:)