Friday, September 10, 2010

Fridays Fives

Beth over at Just Me and My Life... has a post called Friday Fives every Friday, and this is my first time playing along, for some reason the theme this week was something I couldn't miss.


5 things I remember about September 11Th... can you believe it's been nine years all ready?


1. I remember driving to the post office and they said on the radio that a plane had crashed into the Twin Towers. Since it wasn't at the regular time for the news I thought it was a joke, and didn't think more about it.


2. I remember getting home turning on the TV to watch another re-run of 90210, but the news was still on. I was annoyed, checked the time and then I realised that what I earlier had heard on the Radio wasn't a joke.


3. I remember calling my boyfriend who hadn't heard anything about it yet. One of his friends was in New York on vacation at the time. He is a person that would get up early to go see places, and we worried he was in the Twin Towers... later we found out he was safe, but had been in the Twin Towers just the morning before.


4. I remember nothing else was on the news. No one talked about anything else. I wasn't in my country, not even my continent, but I remember everyone talking about wanting Bin Laden being caught.


5. I remember my parents being on vacation in Turkey, and having to pick them up in the airport a few days later. All ready by then the security in the airports had been increased. I remember being worried for my parents, though they were no where near New York.


I hope some of you will take the time to remember, this did not only change New York, or the USA it changed the world... So take the time to remember either online, or just in your mind. If you choose to remember online link up to Beth's blog!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for doing the Fives. Its hard to think of that day and bring up the emotions of it but it was a day that changed us forever and I feel lucky to be able to pay tribute to it!

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments makes me smile:)