Saturday, May 14, 2011

My week so far...

This week have been fun, on Tuesday Jonas and I went to baby singing at a church in town. Some of the girls from my midwife group asked if we wanted to come along, and Jonas really seemed to enjoy it... well at least part of it, just until he fell asleep.





Jonas taking a nap on the couch in his PJ from Wendy

Afterwards we met up at our place, and just imagine 5 girls with their babies... well to say the least that doesn't go over quiet:) I really enjoy spending time with these girls, which is a bit strange, because the first time I met them at the midwife... well let's just say I didn't think the most about some of them. But I guess now we just have so much in common after having followed each other through the pregnancies and everything.



Jonas just haning out!
Yesterday I went to meet up with a group of mum who live really close by, and we have all given birth within the same month. It's the municipality that sets up these groups, I guess they figure it some kind of support system for mums. I used to think that it was kind of silly, but now... well I did sign up for it, so I guess not so silly after all. I guess it's because now I'm staying home on maternity leave for so long (I'm starting work the day before Jonas turns 1 year old), it's just nice to meet up with other people during the day, because let's face it, you don't get a whole lot smarter talking to a baby, and some adult contact is good for you:)



So on Wednesday they are all coming here, and then we start taking turns visiting each other every week. Well in the beginning it will be every week, and then after the summer we might switch to every other week, but we will see how it goes.


Hope you all will have a fab weekend, mine will be spent watching the Eurovision song contest, a bit of baking and a little cleaning... and Jonas and I might have a job modelling again:)

3 comments:

  1. He's gorgeous Connie! And looks so good in his elephant PJ's!!

    That's so great that you've got such a strong support network of other new mums.

    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's so important to have a support network and it's great that you've found one :) You've got a real cutie on your hands as well :)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments makes me smile:)