Sunday, October 17, 2010

Wonderful weekend!

I just had the most wonderful weekend this weekend, and it isn't over yet! We started Friday evening having dinner at my sister in law, it was her birthday yesterday, but since we wouldn't be able to make it on her birthday, she decided to celebrate on Friday. There is nothing better than being invited out for dinner... mostly because then I don't have to cook myself...

She had cooked a delicious dinner, and we really enjoyed ourselves, and we got to meet her new boyfriend, whom seemed really nice, and we are looking forward to getting to know him better.

My sister in law and me on our vacation in Singapore, I must admit my drink was a virgin... though we fooled people when posting it on Facebook, and at that time no one knew I was pregnant.

My parents in law were there too, and I do believe they are a wee bit excited about being grandparents soon... because my mother in law had been looking for a baby duvet, but hadn't found one. But just before leaving for the birthday she had seen there were one on sale this Monday at the department store I'm working at, so she gave me money so I could buy it myself. And I got some money from them and my parents as a subsidy to the stroller (they didn't know I all ready bought one), but I can easily spent those money on something else:)


On Saturday I started cleaning out the closet at the baby room, all that stuff we have saved, and for what? So a lot got thrown out... I can't believe all the winter jackets I actually had... though not many of them will fit this winter, and even if the did I probably wouldn't wear them... so now we are giving my mum them, so she can take them to the Red Cross second hand shop she is working at once a week, and then I can feel like having done a good deed!

Saturday evening we went to a friends 30Th birthday party, which really excited me, because once again I didn't have to cook, but I know he is the best chef... and I wasn't disappointed. He just came home in July from spending 2 years in Singapore, so off course we had to start with a Singapore Sling, and as the amazing host he is, he had made virgin Singapore Slings for me:)

Today I have been cleaning another closets, and now will spent the rest of the day relaxing with a good cup of coffee... or probably more.

Hope you all had a wonderful weekend...

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like a good weekend :)

    I can imagine you have a million jackets!! I've been cleaning out cupboards today too - Dale is such a terrible hoarder of computer wires!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been cleaning out our spare room this week, too. My goal is to turn it into a lovely little office from which to blog, write letters, drink tea in peace...

    I might also let the boys store some of their stacks of toys in there too.

    Enjoy the rest of your wonderful weekend, Connie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a weekend! It sounds like the perfect combo of fun, productivity and relaxation!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments makes me smile:)