Thursday, March 18, 2010

Guess what I'm doing this weekend!

On Monday I got an e-mail from an old friend of mine from Kindergarten. We usually are really good at staying in touch, but time really flies right now, and we haven't seen each other since New Year.


Her and her husband at New Years

They have invited us for dinner and drinking on Saturday night, and we are staying over, no way we can ever meet up for dinner and drive the 1½ hour back home. So that's part of the deal when we invite each other is that we will be spending the night as well.

As said we have known each other since we were 4 years old, and she is probably one of the persons that knows me the best... sometimes I fear she knows too much... could it be that she pretty much knows everything. She was the one I always called after getting my heart broken, or had been dating a new guy, so she could help me figuring him out. At one point she was used to me calling in the beginning of every week telling her about my last catch (that makes me sound a bit slutty, I really wasn't... there were others that were worse than me, and I haven't done anything that I regret). But she was really surprised when we talked a few weeks in a row and I was still talking about the same guy... that was my husband...

We have had lots of great nights together, and when we start we don't need more than the 2 of us to make a party...A night of partying, after a few drinks we are both brilliant at singstar... NOT

I do miss not seeing her as often any longer, but as soon as we see each other again we for sure make up for lost time, and after a few minutes its like we are back in High School again, probably something our husbands dislikes from time to time... especially when we start singing all the songs from the Danish Song Contest from the 80s and 90s, we usually don't get too much credit for that by anyone, not even from the men of our lives, can you believe it? (well if you heard us, you would probably side with our husbands)

So on Saturday we are going to visit these 2!

I found this quote online, and in some weird way it describes part of our friendship
"Good friends will be there to take your drink away from you, when they think you've had enough... but your best friend will be looking at you tripping over your own two feet and say: bitch drink the rest of that, you know that we don't waste that kinda shit"
Marlene Dietrich once said "It's the friends you can called up at 4 a.m. that matter" and she couldn't be more true, I know if I was in trouble or needed someone to talk to a could call her anytime a day... or night, and that's why she is my friend, and why I'm excited about Saturday.
Enjoy your weekend!

1 comment:

Your comments makes me smile:)